YOUR HOME TOWN COLLEGE PREP HIGH SCHOOL!
Canyon View Prep Academy is a college prep high school providing opportunities for
learning today so you will be leading tomorrow! Our students can choose from regular,
honors and AP classes - or ride to JTED in the morning or afternoon for classes; and there is no cost to attend. We are accredited by AdvancEd.
Please review our page links for full information on our Academics, Culture, Sports, and Clubs.
Traditional High School Classes
Canyon View Prep offers a private school feel, but as a charter school, the state pays the cost for your student to attend.Academics are rigorous and designed to prepare students for their next step after high school, whether it's a university, community college, technical school or the work force.
- We offer JTED classes and transportation during the school day.
- Dual enrollment with GCU and Yavapai College
- Assistance with post secondary planning
Competitive Sports through Canyon Athletic
Our High School Boys Varsity Basketball Team made the North Conference Division 1 Champions for 2017.
- Fencing/ Archery
- Mt. Biking
- Volley and more......
Why Canyon View Prep is a good choice for your student!
- CVP is accredited by Advanc-Ed, the largest accrediting organization in the world. As a result, the school is recognized by colleges and universities worldwide.
- CVP offers dual enrollment. Students can choose to do dual enrollment through Grand Canyon University or Yavapai College. Students can start dual enrollment their sophomore year if their GPA is 3.2 or higher and their junior year if it is 3.0 or higher. As a result, students could complete two years of college prior to their graduation from high school.
- CVP is a partner with JTED, and the school provides transportation to and from the JTED sites. As a result, CVP students can earn college credit and receive certifications in programs such as pre-engineering, welding, culinary or medical science. This can help students with acceptance into engineering programs at universities or to obtain a well-paying job after graduation.
- CVP’s academic program centers around college preparatory core curriculum. Our goal is that students will be prepared for college and have a clear path to get there after graduation. As a result, staff and teachers consistently work with students on planning, SAT/ACT prep and meeting standards that will help them be more successful when they are taking college classes.
- CVP offers a traditional high school experience. This includes sports and clubs like NHS, Student Council, basketball, volleyball, cheerleading, soccer, softball, fencing, archery and more. CVP students are actively engaged in the community doing volunteer work both on campus and off campus. There are pep rallies, dances, Prom and other activities that students expect to participate in when they are in high school.
- Each year CVP graduates go on to universities both in state and out of state. Several of them have received scholarships to colleges that include NAU, GCU, ASU and Colorado State University. In addition, CVP grads who have chosen to enter the military have scored high enough on their ASVAB assessments to be offered interesting and exciting assignments after basic training.
Congratulations Korbin Graham
for making the CAA Player of the
Please visit the CAA website for more information on the All-State Team Game Line-up
2017 AZ Tax Credit Contribution -Form Below
If you still need to sign up for SAT, Follow the link below
Call the School Office at
775-5115 to set up a tour
775-5115 to set up a tour